Our editors independently research, select and recommend the best products. Some of these may be affiliate based, meaning we earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if items are purchased.
For fighters in a training session or a real match, a good pair of boxing gloves is vital equipment that should not be considered lightly.
Pro Impact’s Genuine Leather Boxing Gloves in black is made of high quality materials to ensure that the gloves will be able to hold up during training or sparring sessions.
The three layer integrated foam core will give you the highest levels of protection so you will always be assured of comfort, even during the toughest beatings.
Features of the Genuine Leather Boxing Gloves Black 16 Oz. Pro Impact
- Engineered with a triple layer foam core
- Made of genuine all-leather materials
- The gloves feature an attached thumb
- Designed with longer cuffs for additional wrist protection
- It has a full-wrist wrap hook and loop closure system that can be adjusted easily for a better fit
- Big sized, 16-oz glove
- The gloves have extra padding for added protection
- The quality is excellent because parts are made of genuine leather.
- The triple layer foam core ensures that your hands and knuckles are well-protected from pressure and heavy impact that typically comes from landing a strong punch.
- Added padding also ensures that your hands are comfortable inside the glove
- The adjustable hook and loop closure gives you the benefit of finding the fit that is according to your size and preference.
- With extra lengthy cuffs, full support and protection to your wrists are given.
- According to people who have used Pro Impact’s Genuine Leather Boxing Gloves, they fit snugly and are easy to use when worn.
- Some people who have used the product find them to be quite large.
- According to some people, the padding became pretty thin after regular use, which resulted in some painful and achy knuckles.
- Although the gloves are quite large in size, some people who reviewed this product found them too tight inside; some even had difficulty fitting their hands inside.
- The gloves were quite light for the 16 oz. weight.
- A few people complained that after several uses, some stitching had already come loose.
If you are looking for good quality gloves to use regularly, at an affordable price tag, the Genuine Leather Boxing Gloves Black 16 Oz. Pro Impact is a great option to consider.
They are made of genuine leather, which makes them durable enough to withstand the strong impacts you will perform during sparring and training sessions. They are also designed with your comfort and protection in mind.
The Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves is also a good option if you are looking for something with non-leather materials. The gloves utilize a polyurethane leather surface for a smooth and slick outer appearance.
This hybrid-leather packs a powerful punch that will surely be useful during your training sessions. Inside, your hands will be protected by a triple-layered foam that will effectively absorb shock and impact, preventing your hands from getting injured.
Having the right fit is important to be able to perform well; to accommodate different fit preferences, as well as sizes, each glove has a wrist enclosure that combines Velcro and elastic to allow you to fit the glove accordingly.
Another important consideration that this pair of gloves did not take for granted is ventilation. To keep your hands dry, the palm area has a mesh provided to let air in and out to give you more time to train without having to take a break just to dry off your hands.
Keeping the gloves dry on the outer surface is also not a problem. With the polyurethane leather, the smooth surface will not be damaged easily if you get it wet. This is why keeping the gloves clean and well maintained can be achieved with no fuss.
The Ringside IMF Tech Sparring Boxing Gloves is another pair worth comparing because they are also made with all-leather construction materials.
The gloves feature IMF (injected molded foam) technology, and is known to be the pioneer when the technology was first introduced to the public.
When using these gloves, comfort and protection are top notch, mainly because of the several layers of padding that are injected into the glove itself by a machine.
An additional layer of padding, 2.5” to be precise, is also added over the knuckles to make it more secured.
The cuffs are segmented, with the second cuff functioning as a second hand wrap that offers your wrists additional stability. These gloves also offer a snug fit and a lace tie up enclosure that they can be easily adjusted, depending on your preference.
The Venum Challenger 2.0 boxing gloves are the best of the three gloves, It features a means of ventilation for your hands without compromise on the overall look and performance of the glove.
It can also be adjusted according to how snug you want it to fit you and best of all, the hybrid-leather property of the gloves makes it easy to clean and maintain.